Saturday, December 24, 2005

Christmas Eve

Just winding down from Christmas Eve festivities. My best friend came over early today to exchange gifts. She is fabulous cookie maker and always gives me a great cookie tray. This year she topped it off with yummy coffee from Dunkin Donuts. Dinner was here at 5pm. My immediate family now consists of Hubby, son and fiance, daughter, dad, step-dad, sister, brother-in-law, 2 nieces and a nephew. We had a fun time. My sister and family had to leave at 7:30 to go to in-laws. This is their first Christmas back as a family unit and doing more "together" for the kids. She was upset as Christmas Eve has always been our thing, but I told her it was fine. It was strange having everything breakup so early. One of my daughter's girlfriends stopped over to exchange, but everyone else that was left was gone by 10pm. I dragged the gifts downstairs, filled the stockings, and got ready for bed. I let my daughter open one gift. Her gold hugs/kisses bracelet.

*************************************************
Tomarrow we go to hubby's sister's house for dinner at 4pm. Lots of niece and nephews and their kids. Lots of noise!

*************************************************
On a sad note my dad's old girlfriend, from 1978 until the early nineties..told my dad that she has cancer....lung and back, same as my mom and gram. I believe she is only 72...such a sad waste. She quit smoking around 5 years ago. My mom had quit for 7. My gram had quit for longer than that. I thought quitting saved you?????????

Peace.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails