Monday, May 14, 2007

Weekend Recap

I started my weekend by taking my mom her flowers at the cemetary. Not a very uplifting start to the weekend, but my sister and step-dad hate going there and I feel bad it never seems to get done. My step-dad lives about 2 minutes from the cemetary...blah. I used to be the "keeper" of the graves in our family. I would buy flats of flowers and do all the graves. Now that my grama has passed too and my aunt has a severe dislike for me, I have stopped doing my grandparents grave. It bothers me to drive by and see it "junked up" by my aunt, but I have to step back on this one. After that stop it was back home to pack up to leave.


I finally purchased a dog gate for our SUV. The Pugs CANNOT figure this whole thing out. We didn't put them all the way in the back because we were concerned they wouldn't get enough of the air conditioning back there.

Now Marty...he obviously road in the back in his previous "life". He seemed to enjoy being "on top" to get a good view. He didn't mind it back there at all. As you can see, Chloe was a different story!


The sunsets over the lake are just beautiful.  There is a a "bakery" not far from us at the lake. The place was amazing!!!! I HAVE to get some better photos. The owner's son carved all the railings and posts on the deck. The inside was amazing. The owner, well I really can't quite describe her yet! The corner is miniatures covering the wall area. There was so much to look at in there. I really wanted to snap some pics, but I didn't want to make the owner mad. Next time I will ask, and the cookies...well, they are DELICIOUS. Unfortunately I ate the "PMS" cookie before getting a photo.

Chocolate/chocolate chips with mint frosting drizzled with chocolate! She also makes eclairs, pies, and all sorts of pastries. This may become one of my weekend stops. Hmmmm, maybe I should start riding my bike over!

On Saturday I we went to get our fishing licenses. I got my first EVER. The DEC really keeps tabs on fishing in our area. I used to fish when I was a teenager, but took to reading, etc. on the boat. I have decided this year to join P in his fishing adventures. Let me stress I am strickly a "catch and release" person. I NEVER keep a fish. I'm not going to eat it, why should I kill it? 
We went out on the boat when we got back...it was FREEZING out there! I spent a lot of time casting and looking around. P gave me a lesson on driving our boat, which I have not driven in a long, long time.

We had a late dinner on Saturday night. In a camper it is so much easier for the Pugs to beg. Rosie is a professional.

We had our first fire on Saturday night too. It was too cold and I only sat out a few minutes. But it looked pretty from inside. LOL

P went to the beach and got me some rocks to edge the front garden. He is going to build a cover for the front tongue area. Our trailer sits much higher here and I like to camoflauge it as much as possible.


We were going to put lattice along the deck, but I got an idea to build a "stone wall" instead. There are tons of flats stones on the beach. I think it turned out pretty nice.



We got home around 3:30 on Mother's Day. Both my kids were working, so it was a strange day. I usually avoid thinking too much about this day. I don't need a special day to know my family loves me!

4 comments:

Michele said...

Sounds like a peaceful weekend. I love the stone wall. What a great idea and it looks so clean and fresh. I like your firepit too. We park the truck in front of the tongue of our trailer so I never thought about planting much there. Reading your blog and others I'm getting some great ideas for our own camp. Now I just have to work up the energy to do it.

AM said...

I love the picture of the pugs in the car! Especially marty on top of everything! He's such a boy.

Love the stone wall too!

Sandy said...

The pugs are jailed in the SUV. What a great idea. I wish I had something like that sometimes. Your campsite is so pretty. I love those flat rocks...that is amazing to me how you found so many of them and they are so perfectly round. I am in love with the look of that bakery. You must show more pictures of what you get there. Those cookies you showed looked real good. It looks like your husband was having dinner with Rosie! I bet that was great conversation...WOOF.

♥Lisa and The Pug Posse ♥ said...

I Love your idea of the rocks under your deck! That looks so pretty! We have a lot of rocks too but ours are not flat like yours so I don't know how that would work for me....Although I have a plan for the rocks I have ...a project in the making.....

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails