Thursday, December 28, 2006

Christmas Glitter

Thought I'd finally share my main gift from hubby. I have tried and tried to get a good photo, but they all come out blurry. I really think our digital camera is on it's last "legs". BLAH Anyhow, this year marked the 30th Christmas that hubby and I have shared. Not married that long, but including dating years. My engagement ring needed to be reset, so hubby decided it was time for this....







Mine actually also has emerald cut diamonds in between the round stones that are channel set. It is quite beautiful if I do say so myself. Now the only thing is that my stone is actually round and I really wanted to have mine reset. The jeweler suggested that I wear the set for a couple of weeks and then bring it in to have the center stone cut out and mine reset in the ring. Only trouble is I'm really beginning to like this ring...I mean REALLY like it. I think I may be sad when I give up the stone, but then again I'll have my own. Silly nonsense really. So hubby didn't want me to not open any gifts so he insisted on buying more, which I was not happy with. He did manage to hold himself back a bit, but still bought shoes, sneakers, 2 sweaters, a black top, gloves, socks, and a purse. I took back the 2 sweaters and the purse. I would have taken back more, but didn't want to hurt his feelings. He really gets into all the gift giving, but when I said I honestly did not want gifts I meant it! Anyhow, I gave my daughter my band of hearts and diamond band, which I got for our 5th Christmas together! I had bought her an angel ornament and hung the ring on the ornament on the tree. She was thrilled as she has always admired it. It seems really strange to see it on her hand, but I am happy it's not just in a box forgotten. I think it will always be special to her and that makes me happy.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awwww that ring is so beautifull & holds such meaning & your husband sounds like quite the guy, spoiling you with all those extra presents :) What a special man you have there!!! Great idea about giving your daughter your other ring, i'm sure she'll find that very special forever :)
jodie
http://cutebloggingirl.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Awe, that's all so sweet!

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful ring. Glad you had a wonderful Christmas.

Punchbugpug said...

Yeah, he is a good guy. Funny side post...my daughter and I were laughing remembering when she actually wore the ring to school in third grade for show and tell!

Sandy said...

I love the story behind the ring and the ring is beautiful! And giving your daughter the other ring is so special. Your husband sounds like a sweetie!!! I know what you mean about not being able to get a good picture of jewelry. I find it better to take it outside in daylight but diamonds are hard to photograph.

♥Lisa and The Pug Posse ♥ said...

Oh I LoVe it! what a great gift...and for you to give your Daughter your other ring is so meaningful..I know she will cherish that ring forever. Very Nice.. a friend of ours got engaged on Christmas...he tired the ring on their cats collar..when the cat jumped up on the bed she saw it them he asked his girlfriend to marry him....

Kara (Turskey) Vaught said...

Your husband sounds like my MIL - insisting on more and more and more presents. But it is nice to be spoiled. The ring is beautiful!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails