Thursday, September 08, 2011

The trip aka how to pack a ton into a day!

The morning started out with a texted photo from Stewie's foster mom....she wrote "hurry up, I'm ready". Seriously is he NOT the cutest!!!!We left home around 9 a.m. The ETA for the pickup had been moved to about 7 p.m., but we wanted to make an adventure out of the drive. We stopped in Erie PA to get lunch. P had seen recently that a QuakerSteak&Lube had opened in our area and really wanted to stop there. If you haven't been there it is fashioned after auto repair type place. There was a lot to look at! This car was hanging over my head during lunch, which was delicious!!!! I had the BEST salad I have ever eatten! The service was excellent and included "coffee to go". Certainly the way to my heart! From there we left STUFFED for the drive to Pittsburgh PA and TraderJoes! Oh, how I love TJs!!!! It was a much smaller TJs than I have visiting in other areas, but we still managed to buy several bags of stuff!

Here is where I should have several photos of us LOST, CONFUSED, and ready to throw the GPS out the damn window....but, we ended up having a pretty good laugh about it ONCE we escaped the area and made it to the highway! Where we headed to Wheeling WV and Cabelas. Imagine our surprise when we got there and DockDogs were there. Wow, those dogs can jump and swim. I did not see any Pugs in the lineup. Hmmm, wonder why?

Okay the inside of this place...insane. I never saw so many STUFFED animals in my entire life. First stop was the African Exhibit. I think at this point I was still pretending that these animals were plastic or FAKE. P played along with my little game.
where the deer and the Antelope play.......
HOLY CRAP! Lions and Tigers and BEARS!!!! OH MY!!

P found a new hat, tshirt and some fishing lures. I pretty much felt I was lucky to get out of there with only those purchases. We headed over to Target to purchase a new car charger and then to Sheetz for a cup of coffee for me. It was now 7:30 p.m. and the new ETA for Stewie was 8:15 or so. We got to the meeting place and parked. It was HOT. We chatted and anxiously awaited his arrival. At 8:30 we got a call they were 18 minutes away!

They pulled in and there was our little guy. I picked him up and handed him over to his daddy.His wonderful transport peeps!!!! They have a car that advertises SEPRA!! We so appreciated them giving Stewie a "lift" from St. Louis MI!!!!We hung around and chatted for about an hour. Funny thing, some guy came over to take a photo of the race car....he thought it was SO amazing that we had never met and were into rescue! You just never know when your going to make an impact on someone!At 10:00 p.m. we left for home!!!

and I showed him his new collar, harness and leash! Doesn't he look dashing?

Stay tuned for the meet and greet at 3:30 a.m.!!!


Mia said...

So excited!! Can't wait to meet him!! =)

The Slimmer Pugs, Kitties, and Mama said...

Hi Stewie! Wesa are definently staying tuned to how your adventure in the car went and how the meet and greet went with you new fur sibs.
Much luvums,
The Slimmer Puggums
George, Gracie, Toby, Lily, and Mimi

Two Pugs in a Pod said...

Yay, Stewie!!! :) Hey, I've eaten at that Quaker Steak & Lube...I grew up in Jamestown, NY (did you pass through on your way to Erie?) Give a wave to my pugs' grandparents on your way back! ;)

Gracie the Agility Pug said...

Welcome!!! Happy Gotcha Day.

Southern Fried Pugs said...

Super stylish harness, leash and collar! He is certainly a cutie pie.

Payton said...

He is adorable! I would have gotten a speeding ticket to get him quicker! Glad you made a fun trip out of it and no doubt a perfect ending to a perfect day.

Sandy said...

He's so cute. I like that little car, too. Your day was long, but looks fun.

Harry Pugalicious said...

LOVING the profile pic!


Related Posts with Thumbnails