Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Lazy Pugs & Cat & deal wasps

Everyone is feeling a little lazy this morning. We all woke up around 6am and went outside, then back in for breakfast.



We were headed back outside on the deck and I noticed a wasp. Being a careful Pug mom, I whacked it with the grill brush....except, suddenly his friends all came out of the grill!!!! I yelled everyone inside and we ran! Of course I couldn't leave things along, so I waited for them to settle down, snuck out and turned on the hose. Then I went out the front door and around the house and bombarded them with water. Fierce, aren't I? After several minutes of intense watering, I went back through and got my flying insect killer and finished them off. Wait until P sees a grill full of dead wasps and empty hives.

Sorry nature lovers, but wasps were hurt in this episode.....can't have them stinging my babies!

You will notice this grill has no tank. We actually don't use this one anymore as we have a stainless grill now. Not sure why we haven't given this one away, but I'm thinking the wasps thought it was abandoned.

Meanwhile, Buster does his thing....rest. Buster is 17, and the only cat we have left from the four we had for many, many years. He is in real good shape. He doesn't mind the Pugs and sits and waits for liver treats when I pass them out. We hope to see him get to 20!

5 comments:

Goodboy Norman Featherstone said...

Nice to meet Buster! He looks like a nice cat indeed. Wasps are very mean insects. I don't mind you killing them at all!

AM said...

Emma would love Buster!

Seems like your husband will be anxious to get rid of the old grill now! Way to go! Protecting your puglets!

♥Lisa and The Pug Posse ♥ said...

LOL Thanks for sharing your wasp adventure I pictured it all in my mind. Too Funny. Glad no one got stung!

Michele said...

What a way to wake up a lazy morning.

Pugsley, Buster, Cricket & Daisy said...

Tell Buster we glads to meet him. He be one cool cat. Glads you got rid of the pesky wasp.

Your pals, Pugsley, Buster and Cricket

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails