Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Poor Zoey

I had thought that Zoey was not acting like she felt well. When we went out Monday morning...her pee was bloody. I, of course, freaked out. As soon as I got to work I called the vet to get appt. for her and they suggested getting a sample to be brought in to check for infection. So I called my hubby and told him to get a sample....like how? They suggested an old plastic bowl or something. I told him to try to do it before he went to bed for the day, not wanting to let it go on any longer. He called me 1/2 hour later, from the vet. What a guy! Turns out yes, she has infection and is now on meds...okay, let's add $48 to that amount from last week for checkups! The pills are huge, but she is a good girl and takes them with no trouble...except, they make her sick. I think part of it was not eatting due to not feeling well and then taking the meds. She got sick in my office and was just not herself. So daddy babied her and when I got home from work she was her crazy self. The three crazy girls played like nuts for almost 2 hours. They ran around and around and around..all three of them. They were all so tired it was hysterical. So we gave Zoey her second pill and then mama got to take her bath and read...now we need to make coffee and daddy's lunch.

3 comments:

♥Lisa and The Pug Posse ♥ said...

Sorry Zoey for feeling under the weather, It sounds like you are getting lots of luv & care. I bet you will be feeling better soon. Sounds like you are on your way already I bet your Lil Sis Rosie is keeping you on your toes....and I hope Chloe is keeping her busy so you can get some puggy rest!

My Pugs Blogger said...

poor Zoey - that must not be fun to have an infection. Good thing she has such a great mama and papa to take care of her.

Isn't it great watching pugs go crazy!

Anonymous said...

Yikes, I would freak out. Thankfully I have never had to collect a urine sample, but I did have to bring in a fresh feces sample once. Wrapped SEVERAL time in a few different bags. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails