Thursday, June 24, 2010

across the miles...another transport

Father's Day was another Pug transport for GMPR. How cool was it that Salinger's mom and dad actually did a leg of this transport???? It was sweet realizing that the toys each little Puggy had was purchased as a gift from Laura! We know Dude loved his!!!


We were actually at camp, but I got up early Sunday morning...6:15am early....and drove from camp back home to meet my sister and dad for a Father's Day Breakfast. By 9:15 C and I were back home getting the car ready for the group. We took a small detour to the drug store for eye drops and then drove the 20 minutes to the "meet" spot. After watering all the dogs, and loading the crates in my car, we were off for our 1 1/2 hour drive to the next drop spot. This was the first time C had gone on a transport and I know she was very happy she did! After the drop, we drove an hour back to camp to spend the afternoon with the hubby. All in all I was gone from 7am to 2:30pm, not a bad day's work!

But...here's the thing. In order to fit the crates we removed the seats from my car. On the way to camp, no trouble. P and I in front...supplies and Pug crew in back.....but, on the way home we had C!!!! This meant yours truly road in the back with the Pug crew. One side was our overnight bags, cooler, etc. The other side was for me and the gang...trouble was we put them in first and THEN I tried to get in. I finally managed to get in with them crawling all over me, trying to get the best position. I ended up laying down (luckily I put the pillows and blankets in first). I was completely covered in Pugs. I felt like Miss Sassy over at Kentuckiana Rescue..covered in fur babies!

8 comments:

Sandy said...

Another sweet baby going to a good place, I'm sure. I bet that was quite the sight to see ... you cover in pugs in the back of your car!

Brutus, Ellie, Pippa and Otto said...

We bet you loved every minute of being covered by pugs too!!

It is so cool how the rescues banded together to get these pugs to their destination :)

Pugs & Kisses,

Yoda & Brutus

Mia said...

So glad we could all work together to get those babies to their new homes!! Hope they will find forever homes soon! I'm sure riding home covered in pugs wasn't all that bad!! =)

~hugs~

Jess & Lilo

Libby's Library said...

I can't imagine a better way to spend the day...pugs, pugs, and more pugs!

{{{HUGS}}}

Salinger The Pug said...

Ugh...I'm sure you needed a bath when you were done! Those poor boys were STINKY! My car smelled like swamp the entire way home!

Those sweet puggies are going to make a great addition to some lucky families! They were all such good travelers and had such great dispositions!

YAY for Puggy rescues!

Love,
Laura (and S-Dog)

Archie and Melissa said...

hi punchy!
oh what a wonderful story!
i am smiling from ear to ear picturing you wioth all the puggies!

thank you for everything you do!

xoxoxo
m & e

Smushie Ranch said...

BOL! Whoops, we hate it when mom forgets to put seats in the car.. HA! How cool that Sal's mom helped with transport.

Love,
Stella, Gunther and Betty

Pee S,
We love Stella's dress! We thinks we have to get one made for Betty!

Dallas Clark, Reggie Wayne, and Peyton Annie Manning said...

Thank you for all you did to coordinate this transport! My family is honored that we were able to be part of such a wonderful event! May God bless you abundantly for all your hard work and your generosity!

Julie Clark (The Pug Corrall)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails