Sunday, May 09, 2010

Happy Mother's Day

Mother's Day is not the same for me since the passing of my own Mother in 2000. I feel cheated out of MANY MANY years with her, but look to the higher power that it is all for a reason. I was very blessed to have both my grandmothers and my Mother up until September of 2000. In one short year they all died. My heart barely had time to heal from one month to the next. I went from being a Granddaughter, Daughter and Mother to being "Mother". Mother's Day was THE hardest day for me to get by. Someone I met once told me "do yourself a favor....stay away from the card aisle around Mother's Day"....I continue to pass that advice on to those I know that have lost their own Mother's and continue to follow that advice to this day! So to all my friends who have lost their own Mother's, or could never become a Mother, or never even wanted to be a Mother......rejoice in what you have!

3 comments:

the teacher's pets said...

How sad for you and I am sorry for your loss! My mother is still alive and living 15 minutes from me but we are estranged and it has been this way for too many years so in a way I do understand the loss of a loved one and I envy daughters who have had a close relationship with their mothers. I avoid restaurants and greeting card aisles on Mother's Day and try to focus on the positives in my life!

Those Elgin Pugs said...

Oh Punchy~
My heart goes out to you on this day. What a difficult year you had.
I believe in gardian angels~ Your Mom is still in your heart.

I was very close to my Grandmother and lost her a few years ago and last night I kept craving kiszka. I know. I may sound strange. I probably was really just missing her. My sister and cousin and my mother and of course my grandma would all go out to brunch...then grandma (my great grandmother coming from ellis island from poland) would bring Kiszka.

That is a Wonderful photo and thank you for sharing it with us. ((big hugs)) and Happy Mother's Day to you!!
~Katy and the Puggies and the wonderful dolly Lolly you made for our family :)

Smushie Ranch said...

Our heart goes out to you on Mother's Day, but we hope you enjoy being with your puggies just like our momma loves being with us.

Many hugs and kisses,
Stella, Gunther and Betty

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails