Thursday, September 14, 2006

27 years ago....

27 years ago tonight I was anticipating my marriage. It was raining horribly that night too, just like tonight. I was so bummed out about the rain. We had a fun rehearsal dinner party at my in-laws house and then my poor mom got REALLY lost and took like 2 hours to find her way home (really a 20 minute drive). We had already bought our house and I was living in it, so one of my college friends came into town and spent the night with me. Time sure does fly.

Tonight I went to a friend to scrapbook. Didn't stay long, but got a couple of pages done and organized some stuff. I am half-way done with two of the baby afgans I am working on....blah! Tomarrow after work we are off to camp. If we get there early enough we will go out to dinner, if not we will celebrate Saturday evening. It will just be the furry ones, hubby and I, so hopefully the weather will cooperate and he can fish and fish and fish, and I can scrapbook and relax and relax and relax!

By the way, in honor of being married 27 years, I bought my husband 27 pairs of socks! He is always complaining "where are my socks", "someone took my socks", "how come my socks are missing?"...so I bought 27 pairs. You know the lady in Penney's didn't even question why I was buying so many pairs!

5 comments:

Jo Jo said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TO YOU AND YOUR HUSBAND :) I hope your weekend away is one full of fishing and scrapbooking, what a relaxing way to celebrate, doing what you both love most ;) Enjoy it and congratulations :)

Anonymous said...

Too cute - I love the socks idea!

Sandy said...

Oh, that is too funny. I love the 27 pairs of socks. I might have to do something like that for my husband. Do you think 27 years ago, that you'd have three pugs and pug friends on the Internet now??

Anonymous said...

That is SO the kind of gift I would get Jason. When he was in basic training ( we were engaged) and he had his 21st birthday. I sent him 21 birthday cards!!!

Punchbugpug said...

The socks thing was very funny. The hubby had NO idea what to expect and I'm sure never expected 27 pairs of socks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails