Thursday, September 25, 2014

Dogs and babies...

We are teaching our grandaughter about the proper treatment of pets.  Much like I remember teaching my own children.  We must remember they are dogs and it is up to us to be sure the interactions go smoothly.  Yesterday's photo made me think about how Little Miss B seems to really love Miss Chloe over all the others.  She will seek her out and lay with her and hug her every chance she gets.  Maybe she knows her days are short on this Earth and wants to put her stamp on her!  I like to think someday Miss B will have a memory of these Pug filled days at grammie's house.   Where is all this going?  Well, I came across this information on FB and it reminded me that we have to remember to teach them.  We have to be cognizant that our furry family and human one need to learn to understand each other.  We need not to make bad choices and end up giving up on our pets.  We need to remember to teach our children and grandchildren how to be kind to animals.  It's up to us to imprint goodness on them.  It's up to us to be the guardians of good behavior.

I'm glad my parents took the time to teach me....

5 comments:

stellaroselong said...

I couldn't agree more. We are very lucky that all our grandchildren love our pugs, they may love them differently as per their personality but they are always kind and loving towards them.
stella rose's momma

Tweedles -- that's me said...

And your doing so good at teaching and loving at the same time. We think those Grandchildren will remember those special times.,, and yes all those little paw tracks from the past will be all over their hearts as memories.
This is such a heart felt post.
love
tweedles

Southern Fried Pugs said...

Raising up the next generation of animal lovers, you're doing it right.

Dana Orsborn said...

What a great post! We couldn't agree more.

-Dana, Daisy & Bruce

The Ladies of Beaglebratz Manor said...

Mom Kim here - I was taking a minute to look back on a few of your recent posts and I must say - YOU'VE GOT IT GOOD! So many times one hears the news that a toddler or young child was bitten and the dog dumped at a shelter or euthanized for being vicious - PARENTS-YOU HAVE TO TEACH YOUR CHILDREN! It ain't instinct with humans. I'd bite too if someone kept pulling my tail. You Punchy, are doing one great job!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails