Monday, June 18, 2012

Rent me...

Thursday evening on my drive home from work I was anticipating a quiet evening of sewing. When I pulled in the driveway I heard the lawnmower...or what should have been the lawnmower starting. Except it was not starting, nor would it. I looked at P and said "it's time". Off to HD we headed to purchase the lawnmower that we had looked at in the Spring, when we knew we really needed it, but were putting it off with all the other spending we had done this year!!! He picked it out and after some haggling about getting one down from storage, etc. we headed to the parking lot to load it on the truck....except, the darn thing was about 2 inches too long for our truck! Ugh. Of course my brilliant mind was working overtime and I announced to all, why not rent the HD truck???? Ahhhh, brilliant!!! So back inside I went, paid my $19.99 and they loaded it up. We drove the 8.2 miles back home. Yes, we had to keep track because there is some technicality of putting in one gallon of gas for every 10 miles driven!
We, or should I say P backed into our yard and dropped it off.
Isn't it pretty???? Oh, wait should a lawnmower be considered pretty?  I announced to P "Happy Father's Day"! 
Back we went to HD via the gas station.  The most fun?  We got to drive through Lowes parking lot!!!  I REALLY wanted to have P stop and take a quick photo of the truck by the Lowe's sign but he wouldn't!  We made it back to the store in 65 minutes with 10 whole minutes to spare for the rental time.  We got home at 9:30p.m. and that sewing?  It didn't happen, but the lawn looks good!

2 comments:

Tweedles -- that's me said...

I think it all worked out perfect.
We did not know HD had a truck you could rent!Good deal
love
tweedles

Two French Bulldogs said...

how cool, hope you get to go for a ride
Benny & Lily

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails