Friday, April 10, 2009

Buster

Buster's clock seems to be winding down. He is nearing 18 and not in great health. He used to weigh 20 pounds, now more like 10. We have never let our cats outside, but Buster now refuses to use the litterbox, and like the Pugs will wait at the door to go outside. He doesn't stay out there long and many times I'll see him sunning himself, perhaps dreaming of days when he would have been able to climb a tree or chase a squirrel....
















Now he's just a skinny old man, whose clock is winding down......

7 comments:

Stacy Walker said...

Aww poor Buster. I have two that are 14. I love older animals.

Sandy said...

Wow, that's a good many years he has lived. He must be living right! Do you think his angel wings are hiding beneath the surface?

Tink said...

All my cats were indoor cats with an occasional trip outdoors with us or when they escaped. I lost one last year at the age of 19. He was also not making the litter box towards the end. We found two lids for the Tupperware storage containers and put litter in it. It wasn't hard for him to climb in there. He still had accidents but it made it much easier for him. One day he just curled up and went to sleep. I miss the the big rascal.

Priscilla said...

It's always sad to watch a beloved pet near their end. He's had a beautiful long life with you. I'm sure he's eternally grateful for all the love that's in his home.

Magnolia Sun said...

I always wonder what mine are thinking as they are laying out on the deck. I didn't realize cats lived so long.

Puglette said...

he is so sweet. i love the name buster, it reminds me of my dad and brother. they had an old greeting...dad said "hey Buster" and brother replied "hey crab". it was a joke about buster crabbe, the first film tarzan. i just love an old man kitty.
hugs,
puglette
:o)

kristie said...

buster must think he's one of the pugs and wants to go outside for potty when they do.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails