Wednesday, July 23, 2008

The cat has gone crazy and sleepy Pugs

Our last remaining cat, Buster has officially lost his marbles. Yes, it is truly official. He TOTALLY refuses to use the litter box. TOTALLY. The box is in the same safe place, totally clean...nope, won't use it. He has decided he wants to go outside....although he is not an outside cat. He is 17, I'm sure no turning back the clock for him. Of recent when he can not get outside he has taken to going the bathroom in bizarre places...to name a few..the bathtub, bench in kitchen.....sigh..... Also, let me tell you he STINKS.

So this week he had used the nice, big, red, dog bed to go the bathroom on. I took the cover off and since it was so big used the soak cycle, twice, to get the entire inside part washed. The cover was washed and everything got dried and the world was good. We put it on the floor and the Pugs were ever so happy. Bedtime came we all went up to bed and in the morning found that Buster had peed ALL OVER the bed. So now the sad little Puggies are using their smaller beds and doubling up, until we decided where to go from here.

This is the view from the dining room, where I am right now, with two watchful, sleepy girls just beyond. Zoey must be tired, she is not reacting to the road work outside our house...Chloe is keeping watch...


I guess she decided to get back to a good nap too....
The other two? Well they're on another little bed. You can barely see Marty behind Rosie.
Pretty much always within site of mama.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh no!! Is he sick? Or just old age? Poor guy and poor you!

I have been finding cat turds outside the box but I am not sure if it is the cat or the dog digging them out. :p

Frances Louise said...

Hmmm, if I were your pugs, I would not stand for my bed being used as a litter box by the cat. I think retribution is in order!

By the way, we received my dress (how did you get it to Alaska so fast?) . . . you can see me modeling it on my blog. THANK YOU so much! It fits like a dream and looks so fetching on me!

Brutus and Miley said...

oh poor Buster. I'm sorry he's not using his litter box and you have to clean it up :(

Pam said...

Poor Buster. I believe older cats tend to get more sensitive with their litter box when they get older sometimes or it could mean he might be sick. A friend of mine's cat wouldn't use the box and she later found out he had some arthritis so she had to get a pan with smaller sides.

Nevis said...

Oh no...poor Buster! And sorry for you...I hate constantly having to re-wash beds when they have accidents. It can get fustrating..!

Sandy said...

That old age problem is hard on the humans...and looks like it's hard on the pugs, too. I love seeing all four of them!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails