Thursday, November 15, 2007

30 Days of Coffee - Day 15 HALFWAY!!!!

I hear it's going to snow here this weekend, so I decided to serve up my coffee in the appropriate coffee mug...

Let's hope it doesn't snow enough to build a snowman.


I ventured back to work yesterday. My desk was piled high and I worked straight through my lunch hour as I had a follow-up appointment with my hand surgeon. I left work at 3p.m. and made it to the office with plenty of time to spare. I thought it might have been a little strange that the parking lot had only a few cars. When I got out and walked up to the front doors there were hand written signs all over...NO POWER!!! Different offices had posted directions as to what to do to re-schedule, etc. My doctor...was OPEN! Now this building is weird, the elevators are in the main lobby, but where were the stairs? Back outside, a small note says "stairs at either end of building". So I walk around the building, I see no other entry doors, no stairs, no people. As I'm walking around, a few more people drive up and join me. They tell me they heard the entire building had power failure, but a couple of offices open. I walk around the building 3 times. At this point I am ready to call it a day, but I go to my car and call the office on my cell (which is charging). They tell me the office is open and I explain that we can't find the darn door to the stairs. Apparently they had the door propped open, but someone closed it...heck, maybe safety reasons???? So I walk up the 3 flights of stairs and enter the pitch black office. The receptionist checks me in by flashlight! Okay, this is fun! I am the only person in the waiting room and get called back to a light filled room. Seems the buildings generators light 2 rooms in the office, this being one of them. The doctor arrives and we share a few laughs and then the news....how about surgery? He feels the right arm should be done, the left, maybe never if it doesn't bother me enough. So today they will call to schedule with me and the hospital. GAH!!! Now comes the worry....he says I need minimum 2 weeks off...at least until the stiches come out and then light duty but NO large keyboarding. Well, hell, a Paralegal keyboards...a lot! I have only 1/2 day vacation left for this year....hmmmm...should be interesting. Anyone out there had the surgery for carpel tunnel? Should I get in before holidays and still be okay and not miserable for Christmas? Should I go in after???? WHAT SHOULD I DO?????

After the appointment, it was only 4:20p.m, so I ventured to Wegman's to their photo center. I am loving those little kiosk photo managers! I had almost 300 pictures on my photo card and planned on going to a scrapbook class at 6:30pm! I selected 60 photos and told them I'm be back at 6:00pm. I picked up stuff for dinner and went home, made dinner, packed up my stuff, and back out. I haven't scrapbooked in WEEKS....now if I could just get my daughter's books past third grade....

9 comments:

kristie said...

i've been wondering if y'all had snow yet. the weatherman on the national news this morning was mentioning lake effect snow and new york so i figured it might be imminent. glad you are up and around but that much work waiting for you - yuk!! i'll email you with all i know about the carpal tunnel surgery (my mom had it).

Priscilla said...

I love the coffee mug! I noticed the little puggy face on the inside. Where did you get that mug! FAB darling, absolutely FAB.

Pam said...

Snow?! yikes. We use to get more snow that we do now and I honestly miss it a bit. I could do with the typical freak out here at the mere mention of snow though.
Glad to hear that you are feeling better. I don't know anyone that has had the carpel tunnel surgery but i hope whatever they can do will help you.

Goodboy Norman Featherstone said...

I would totally wait until after the holidays. Otherwise, you won't be able to bake or wrap gifts or decorate! Also, you will have more vacation in the beginning of the year, yes?

Magnolia Sun said...

I love snowmen! I really want to do a scrapbook of my boys but I'm just too lazy!

♥Lisa and The Pug Posse ♥ said...

Yep we may even see Snow tonight? Blah! although there is something about the first snow fall it is so pretty on the tree tops...after that the snow is not so pleasant! only on Christmas day!
Oh no! Poor you. I am no help witht he Carpal Tunnel thing? maybe Shanny ( Bless your heart) can give you some info??

AM said...

Yes, shannon had the surgery I remember.

Sorry you have to have it, but at least she can give you advice!

Snow would be exciting! Send it my way please!

Sandy said...

I'd wait until after christmas but I'm not sure if you're hurting so bad now you might want to go ahead. My goodness..that is a lot of mugs! I printed out 132 pictures at the drug store but I was there at 6:30 a.m. with no one waiting for me to get out of the way...I think I'll do that more often because the store is open 24 hours. It's so windy here today and I thought about you all getting that cold wind off the lake...oh my!

Clover said...

I love love that mug. I would probably use it all the time if it was in my collection! Pugs & a snowman?! Very good.
Sorry I am no help about the carpel tunnel, I don't really know anything about it!
Hope your scrapbooking went well (another of my favourite things!)and good luck with your hands!!
Jess

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails