Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Good news and life jackets

First of all, my surgeon called at 10:00 pm to let me know my lump was benign (did I spell that right?) no indication of precancer or anything. Just FINE!!!! Yeah for that one!!! I have been troubled with that lump since last August and am happy about it being GONE!

LIFE JACKETS & POOLS
I recently bought the girls life jackets at PetWise...yes, three of them. Well, the hubby had a fit that I bought 3, I mean really we have three dogs, right? I mean did we only have a life jacket for one of our human children???? So, I promised him I would try to "make do" with one. Letting them share in the pool and stuff. So Chloe got to try it out first. Put the jacket on her, hooked her leash to it and let her swim around the pool..great fun, worked great, she loved it. Now Zoey's turn, only this time I get in the pool with her, Chloe gets so excited about us in the pool that she jumps down from deck onto pool edge and FALLS INTO THE POOL. I was right next to her (remember Zoey is wearing the lifejacket) and watched her surprised expression as she SANK TO THE BOTTOM. Eyes wide open! I grabbed her up and calmed her down and hubby said...well, how come she didn't have her life jacket on????? So, now we are keeping THREE lifejackets. Here are a few pool photos.












































Yes, pools are a lot of work, but ahhhh, so nice!

12 comments:

Dave said...

Yaayyy! So glad the girls are swimming in the pool. Someday we hope to get a pool so Pyrite can swim with us. For now we plop her in the lake at my in-laws and let her go. She heads straight for shore. Have fun girls and remember the best place to shake off all the water is beside a human:) It is dog law!

Sandy said...

Oh, that looks so good and cool. Good thing for life jackets. We only have one...if I can find it. But since you have a boat, too, I think that's a wonderful purchase. I agree with Pyrite, shake off next to your humans.

Priscilla said...

This is so dang adorable. We don't have a pool but when (not if) I get a another pug I'll get one of those little kiddie pools.

Priscilla said...

This is so dang adorable. We don't have a pool but when (not if) I get a another pug I'll get one of those little kiddie pools.

.:*PugLove*:. said...

I can imagine this may have been some what a scary situation but it still made me giggle. Sadie gets so anaxios and excited some days she makes bad decisions and I'm sure if we had a pool jumping in without a lifejacket would be one of them :o)

Sandy said...

I am so glad you got good news from the doctor, too.

My Pugs Blogger said...

First off - Congrats on the results!! What a relief that must have been. :)

How cute are those jackets! I wish we had a pool for the girls...and I wish the weather was good enough to need one!

Punchbugpug said...

Funny we've had this pool for 10 years and I think the Pugs have been in it more than me!!! The life jackets are such a RELIEF for me, especially boating. I used to have their harnesses and leashes on and wrap the end of the leash around my wrist. I told the hubby if one of them goes over I'm going too...afraid or not! Then I got to thinking if something did happen, how would I save all three! opps...and myself of course, so now with the life jackets, I know they would be bobbing up to the surface and I could find them in their bright orange!!! Worry wart I know.

Yes, Nicole I have to admit Chloe's face when she fell in was funny! All I could see was those BIG HUGE EYES...open underwater! What a look!

Thanks for the good wishes about my biopsy! Sorry no photo to post about that! YUCK!!!!

♥Lisa and The Pug Posse ♥ said...

Oh yes this is a must..we are getting our pool put in this week so we will be getting the girls Pug Floats too! they look soo darn sute in them don't they?

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad I found your site and the life jackets. After I left a post earlier I found them online at PetSmart and called and they have them! I'm going to go this weekend and get two. I can't wait to take them to the lake with us this summer and let them enjoy it as much as we do! I'm sure we'll get plenty of pics and video to post on our blog about it! Thanks again for the post, great find!

Punchbugpug said...

Glad you could get the life jackets - the girls act kind of funny with them on, but when they get in the water, they love them! I got the small size for my girls and they worked out perfect!

Leah said...

How fun! I can't believe your girls love to swim. We took Oscar and Daisy to the ocean last week and they wouldn't get close to the water. Especially Oscar....he hates water! But it looks so fun, and I am glad you got life jackets!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails