Friday, November 30, 2007

30 Days of Coffee - Day 30 THE FINAL FRONTIER

Well, I made it! Here it is 30 days later. Time sure does fly by! Today's cup is from my "good dishes". I started collecting these before I was married. The grocery store (Wegmans) used to have the old "get a plate(or whatever) for 19 cents with the purchase of $10 worth of groceries. My grandmother and I had a lot of fun collected a service for 12 for me. They also had all the extras you could buy...coffee pot, creamer/sugar, butter dish, salt/pepper, serving dishes...everything. For my birthday that year (I was turning the ripe old 23!) everyone gave me the serving pieces. I have seen sets that better match my current likes and are prettier, but these, these have memories. I sort of get hung up on that kind of stuff....




The ingredients. P likes Coffee Mate (ugh!), he also uses sugar in his coffee. He like to make sure he has enough on hand.



He also likes to make sure there is plenty of coffee on hand..plenty


Here are some that didn't make the cut for postings. A small collection of miniature cups that I have, my great-grandmothers "chocolate set" is there in the back too.
Some full size cups in that same cabinet.
The home of the every-day set (you remember the ones that should have saucers?)

The glass mugs hide in here....


The "good" cups and saucers in here......


and all those mugs.............







Clearly, I have a problem..............

10 comments:

kristie said...

W.O.W. that's all i can say about all of your cups/saucers/mugs/etc.! i have no room to talk of your husband's coffee 'hoarding' though as we have a similar stash...you never know when they are gonna stop making coffee ya know ;-)

Magnolia Sun said...

You made it, I think you could post for a year and still have some left over!

AM said...

WOW. You really have a lot. If you are going to have that big of mug collection you should start throwing big tea/coffee parties for the whole town!

Goodboy Norman Featherstone said...

You are so fortunate to have such a great amount of storage space! We have to limit our purchases due to no cabinet space! Boo! I love your formal china. Very pretty, and the story is special, which makes it even better!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you have that many mugs!!! That's intense! I think I may have had that many while working for Starbucks though, so I understand the love :0)

Clover said...

Your good dishes look beautiful!
You sure do have a lot of mugs, but I don't think you have a problem! It's fun, and you have the space, so why not?! :)
Have a nice weekend!

Sandy said...

That was so fun seeing all those cups and mugs and saucers! I bet your house would be so fun to see all the collections you have in it. My MIL just gave me her chocolate set and I had never heard of one before. Glad to see you have one too. The lid is missing from the pot on the one she gave me. It is stamped Germany on the bottom.

The Devil Dog said...

Mom says if your hubby doesn't mind then you don't have a problem.
hee hee

Roxy

Frances Louise said...

Congratulations on posting all 30days!! Mommy likes all those pug mugs . . . would you like to send some our way?

Mommy noticed the Bill Jack liver treats you have in the corner -- we have them also (as well as all that coffee)!

Pam said...

Wow...that's a lot of mugs! Congrats on completing the 30 days challenge! The cup and saucer you posted with the 30 day cup of coffee is beautiful!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails