Tuesday, November 13, 2007

30 Days of Coffee - Day 13

Today's coffee comes in the cups that match my everyday dishes. I like these cups, although I find it weird that there are no saucers in the set and this cups screams...where is my saucer.


Yesterday was a BAD day at our house. I did not leave my bed for the entire day and night. I can't remember feeling this bad in a very long time, which brings to mind, "should I have gotten the flu shot"? GAH... I was home alone with the Pugs and needing meds, ginger ale, anything..when my son popped in. Thankfully he served me up a good dose of Peptol Bismo and some sips of ginger ale...and advil on that empty horrible stomach. The Pugs enjoy me being sick. They love laying around comforting me...and they really are a comfort, but Rosie kept going to get toys and Marty's breath was killing me...but we got through it. P came home and tried to force me to eat soup, C brought me toast. Instead I asked for 4 more advil. I woke up at 2am this morning trying to figure out what to do. I don't think I ever remember staying in bed more than 24 hours straight. So back to bed I went I woke at 8:30, called work and told them I would keep my germy self at home. I'm going back to bed............

11 comments:

Goodboy Norman Featherstone said...

Oh no! I'm so sorry that you are sick! I hope you get better soon. You need to eat something!!

Frances Louise said...

Pug hugs and love is exactly the antidote. Don't kill yourself about "what-if's" with the flu vaccine; Mommy has known plenty of people who had the vaccine and caught the flu anyway.

You are such a trooper to blog while you are sick!

Pam said...

Feel better soon!!

Christine & Giggs said...

Oh no! That stinks! Hope you feel better soon. Maybe a family member should bring some doggy breath mints for Marty. You're suffering enough!

AM said...

Yikes. Im sorry you havent been feeling well! It seems like it is stomach bug time of year.

Sandy said...

Oh my goodness...yuck. I hope you get better soon. I know having those four in the bed is comforting. I bet you're glad you don't have to lift them up on the bed yourself...do you??

kristie said...

i like that cup! sorry you aren't feeling well. hope you are better soon.

Pugsley, Buster, Cricket & Daisy said...

Hope you feel better soon.

♥Lisa and The Pug Posse ♥ said...

Wow you are sick! That is horrible to feel that bad. Glad it does not happen that often to me. ( I think I should get my fly shot after reading this UGH) As sick as you are you found the strength to post today...High five to you for that! If you don't post we understand..you need your rest!
My Pugs wish I was sick more so they could hang in bed with me all day long...Hummm I wonder if I can fake being sick just so I can stay home and have my pugs with me...HA! Brilliant idea!

Leah said...

Awww, Punchy, we hope you get well soon!

The Devil Dog said...

Sounds like a whole lot of no fun. Stay in bed, get some rest and get better fast.

Roxy

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails