Thursday, October 19, 2006

Rooms for rent

I think I've mentioned in the past that my hubby and I had a houseful, with my dad (71), son (23) and daughter (20). Well, 3 weeks ago my dad basically moved in with his sweetie. They have been dating for about 5 months, but have known each other for years. Today, my son called to say he had gotten the job in Buffalo (did I know he had applied for a job?) and was planning on moving there with his fiance'......next week. So, now 2 rooms available. My daughter and I decided that we would move the office from upstairs to downstairs in my dad's old room, then we would turn my son's room into a sewing/scrapbooking/guest room. The office upstairs is right next to my daughter's bedroom, so we decided she could make that her personal "get-away" room. That way when she has friends over they can watch tv, or hang out and not have to be in her bedroom. But first....my dad and son need to actually CLEAN their rooms and REMOVE their belongings. Hmmmm, this could be a problem. My son took a load of stuff in his car today, now we can at least see his floor, but wow there is a lot more to go. He thinks he needs a Uhaul truck, I think he needs a dumpster. My dad's room looks like he could still be in there, he doesn't seem to be taking anything in there, he needs a dumpster too! Opps, almost forgot to mention that my daughter hopes to attend Cortland College in the Fall of '07. She told me tonight that she's only going to school and she hopes her room(s) can stay the same and I don't turn them into something else on her...I can't think of another use for her room(s) except maybe a playroom for the Pugs!

4 comments:

Jo Jo said...

Wow, soon you'll have empty nest syndrome with everyone gone. Hows the jaw healing going with your son? Sounds like you'll have some upcoming weddings if your dad plans on marrying his sweetheart (how cute) and your son and his fiance. Busy busy busy :)

♥Lisa and The Pug Posse ♥ said...

That sounds cute....your daughter having her own get away room. will you furnish it like a living room with a sofa and tv? My daughter has big dreams..she asked if she cold have a microwave and a fridge in her room. What??
I wanted to make a pug play room too but I never got around to doing it...maybe once our basement is finished.
I am glad you Father has found a companion. too sweet!
how is your son doing with his jaw?

Sandy said...

Oh, lots of room...Yea. I like your daughter's idea of a get-away room. I like the idea of a sewing/craft room, too. I'm glad your dad found a sweetie, too.

Kara (Turskey) Vaught said...

I'm imagining what a pug playroom would look like - padded walls, the guts from all the ripped apart toys, tire swing, gummy remains of pig ears and big beds for long naps after playing

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails