Friday, October 06, 2006

Accident prone family update

Well, we were supposed to leave for camp after work today and spend one last weekend (maybe forever) at camp....but since my son's little "accident" yesterday, we spent way too much time today running around and worrying, so tonight we just ordered Chinese, and as I told hubby "I did my chores"....laundry, vacumning, blogging....

So back to my son. After many telephone calls we got through to doctor (for referal) Blue Choice (for doctor update to get referal) oral surgeon, and on and on. Hubby took him to his noon appt. Yes, his jaw is fractured. Turns out the fracture was caused by yes, the fall, but more because his wisdom tooth is impacted and growing sideways into his jaw. YIKES! Anyhow, he had three choices - 1 - he could have his jaw wired -2- he could have surgery to remove the wisdom teeth and then have a plate put in with screws - 3 - he could do NOTHING for 6 weeks, no chewing, no sports, no rough housing. Now the surgeon wanted option 1. He felt the fracture was pretty severe, but guess which one my son picked????? Yep, 3rd option - nothing...that's my brave boy! He is not on pain meds, antibiotics, and a special oral mouthwash, and his diet consists of pudding, jello, yogurt, applesauce, and squash! Yep, he loves my homemade squash. I'm thinking he'll be pretty sick of it by Thanksgiving!!

So tomarrow promises to be a beautiful Fall day in upstate NY. We'll head out early with the girls to go to camp, pack stuff up, spend the night and come home on Sunday. Hubby has to work Sunday night, but I am off until Wednesday! Yippee!!! I better get out those Fall decorations! Wegmans (grocery store) already has the CHRISTMAS TREES up!!!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry to be reading of your son's accident. How horrible for him. I hope he is not a thin man because chances are he will be shedding a few pounds and not by choice. I'll surely keep him in my prayers.

Have a great weekend at camp. Right now I wish I could join you.

Punchbugpug said...

Thanks...yep, unfortunately he is very thin! Tonight he ate almost an entire winter squash! Baked with tons of butter and cinnamon and sugar....what a diet!

♥Lisa and The Pug Posse ♥ said...

Wow he is Brave..that is going to be tough! I hope and wish nothing but the best for you all. We are going to our camp this weekend for our last time for this season. we are moving our camper to a nicer/larger spot. so we will be busy with moving and cleaning up. well not me I am still resting up from surgery. so I can kick back read relax while I watch the Hubby take apart our Deck and move the camper....... I wish you could make it to your camper. Have you decided if you are going to stay? if not our campground at the lake has 4 openings! I would love to have you there.....to bad it is so far from you.

Jo Jo said...

wow, what a brave boy indeedy, but then again i may just do the same, i wouldn't want someone wiring my jaw shut, but i may have opted for the surgery with the plate and skrews. here's hoping he has a speedy recovery, and enjoys his liquid diet for 6 weeks!!

Anonymous said...

YOur poor son! WHy is it that some people have "black clouds"? I feel that way sometimes about Jason and I's house...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails