Thursday, June 01, 2006

Day two recovery

Well, today is my second full day home after surgery. I got a pretty good night's sleep, woke up at 5am, but forced myself back to bed (boy were the girls happy about that) and didn't get up until 8:45. What a sleep in that was.

Tomarrow morning we leave bright and early for our trip to New Jersey with hubby's sister. We are going to Seaview Resort & Spa www.marriott.com/property/propertypage/AIYNJ The LPGA is there this weekend, but we won't be attending any of that. We'll be stopping by Atlantic City. I'm not much of a gambler, but it is an interesting place to watch the people. I may spend a roll of quarters on the slot machines...heh, you never know! Saturday, we will be doing the spa thing and Saturday evening driving down to Cape May to the wharf. They have a great dockside eatting area...yummy. I can smell and taste it there already! My sister-in-law is lots of fun, she loves to talk, laugh, and shop!

The girls are staying home with my daughter and son. Chloe saw me take out a bag to get ready and has not let me out of her sight. I told her she has to wait until August for her week at the shore. She loves traveling and has been to Williamsburg, VA, Virginia Beach and Cape May twice and she's only 3!


Now for Blackbird's Show & Tell Thursday....









This dresser belonged to my grandparents. It was actually a beautiful maple finish that I decided was ugly (???). There is actually a whole set, but we split the pieces up to use in various rooms. I did some horrible gold faux painting on the dresser and mirror..ugh!!!! It now resides in the front hall upstairs, unseen to other humans. When (IF?????) my son moves out, I hope to make his room a guest/sewing room. I would like to refinish this piece and the mirror for that room.

So time to rest up for my outing to "Wally World" aka Wallmart. Need to pickup a couple of things and my daughter said she'd take me there....no driving for me until tomarrow.

7 comments:

♥Lisa and The Pug Posse ♥ said...

Glad you are feeling good enough to go to Jersery tomorrow! Looks like the girls are loving the camping thing. we just got a seasonal site and bought a new camper. Should be loads of Fun!

♥Lisa and The Pug Posse ♥ said...

Tell your daughter I have the same Gym pants as her...Gotta love Victoria's Secret! Funny they sell gym attire now haha.....

Anonymous said...

Im glad your recovery is going well! Your getaway sounds awesome/much needed/ and well deserved I am sure.

Dave said...

Have a good trip! Sounds like a wonderful time:)

Cheers

Priscilla said...

I am thankful that you are recovering well. Enjoy your stay.

Sandy said...

Sounds like you have been having such a great time at the camp and going on a short vacation!! Yeah for you. I hope all is well with your surgery. Isn't it nice when the pugs can behave??

Punchbugpug said...

Thanks for all the good wishes!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails