I wanted to take some time today to STRESS to everyone the dangers of heat stroke! Sadly yesterday I heard that a little Pug I had rehomed in April of 2009 passed away from heat stroke on Wednesday.
Please, please, please be aware of the dangers of heat! His owner thought he was okay in their home with a fan....obviously that was not the case. I realize it could happen to anyone, but with this flat faced breed it is even more dangerous. Do your best to take care of your little ones...this goes for children too! Don't EVER leave a pet or a child in a car....EVER. If you don't have air-conditioning in your home, be creative. Fans, cooling mats, cooling collars. Do all you can do! The same goes for trips in your car. I had a blog friend whose Pug died after riding home from a visit in their van on a hot day. She was in the back and got overheated and did not survive. Don't assume because you can feel the cold air blasting you in the front seat that it is the same in the back of the vehicle. I have actually gotten into the back area where my group rides to see how cool it was. I always cool the interior of my car down prior to a trip with the gang.
Take care and stay safe this Summer!
Rosie "chill-ax-in" at camp...inside, air on!