Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Phew! Car crashes and loose Pug

Not sure I mentioned, but my sister moved from her "track" house to a larger house on a main road in our town. Her house sits directly across from the end of a north south road, so I guess you'd say she's at the "t". Anyhow, we talked about how weird it is and that she hopes no one ever forgets to stop....wellllllllllllllll, this afternoon, a young man traveling at a HIGH rate of speed...did NOT stop. He went to the right of her driveway, missed her boat, barreled up the hill and over the side and totaled his car! My dad was over there tonight and said the kid is fine. WOW!

Today I went to the pet store and got one of those couplers that you can attach to two dogs and use one leash. I was showing it off to the hubby and had it connecting Chloe and Zoey. Poor Chloe was getting dragged around by Zoey, so hubby said I should put Rosie and Zoey together. I hooked them up and took them outside. After a couple of minutes I looked down and realized that I had Chloe on one leash, Zoey on the other and an empty harness! YIKES I looked around..where the heck did Rosie go. She was about 15 feet away having the time of her life. I called her and nope, not coming back. I dragged the other two back into the house, yelling "cookie", "treat", anything I could think of BLAH!! I ran into the house, past hubby and said I lost a dog. I grabbed the entire container of sugar cookies and ran back outside. That little bugger would NOT come to me. We live on a main road, a corner, a busy corner. She was about 2 steps from me on the deck and I put the box of cookies down, open and had little pieces scattered on the deck, she finally got about a foot from me and I grabbed her by her head. I am now thinking of duck taping her harness on her. I thought I was so smart with this set-up for our walk on Saturday. Now, I'm worried. I guess I may just have to hook Zoey and Chloe back and deal with Rosie ALONE.

7 comments:

Sandy said...

OH, boy. I hate it when that happens. We tried the coupler thing before and it didn't work out. It was okay if you only had to walk two of them and not the third one...but then there was always the lingering pug. I read on someone's blog that when their pug got loose, the person laid down on the ground to get the pug to come because they knew it would be curious why their person laid down on the ground and it worked. Sorry...I can't remember who that was that said that.

Jo Jo said...

wow what a weekend you endured there. That crazy kid man, hope your sisters home wasn't damaged in any way, and i'm glad to hear he was ok after all of that, but honestly, such preventable accidents.
Rosie seemed content to frolick around alone, stubborn puppy she must be :) glad everything worked out :)

Priscilla said...

I'm so glad Rosie didn't get hit. Puggies are so dang stubborn. If you have one that won't mind you it can really be frustrating.

Frank was pretty good for a while but he has gotten very 'deaf' to his humans lately.

Goodboy Norman Featherstone said...

I got out of the yard when we lived in Mobile a couple of times. Both times I ran down the street to hang out with the neighbor. The Woman totally freaked out. I don't do that any more though, because instead of sugar cookies, I get spankings. I think I'd rather live with you.

Duke and Gidget said...

Whew! What a close call. The same thing happened to us so we don't use the coupler anymore. Fortunately dad grabbed Gidget before she even realized she was loose or we might have never seen her again. Us Puggies can be sooo stubborn....

Kara (Turskey) Vaught said...

that keep away stage was not fun - at least for me. kritter seemed to completely enjoy it.

Anonymous said...

I am so not going to get a coupler like I had hoped would be easier with my two. I am so glad your Rosie is ok. Their shenanigans will turn us gray yet!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails