As you have read, today was Barktoberfest. Our "team" had 14 members walking. Between us we had 15 pugs - various ages from 4 mo. to 6 yrs...fawns and blacks. Following is a list of 10 things that said or happened today - or maybe I'll call it why I am not doing this next year -
1. Parking in muddy pumpkin field with 3 Pugs...walking through muddy pumpkin field with 3 Pugs.
2. Registration - Let's meet between 9 and 9:30am - hmmmm, where is everyone????
3. 14 Pugs and owners hanging out waiting for latecomers to arrive....stranger to group..."are they all related?".
4. Let's hurry and get team photo done before walk starts....sorry 45 minute wait...okay, let's go do the walk...where did everyone go...where does the walk start..."excuse me miss, where do we go?" - response "I really don't know, back there over to the side"....thanks.
5. Okay gang, lets walk over here...nice path, flat, dry, which was actually okay.
6. Woman to me - "how old is he?" my response "she's 3".
7. Woman to me - "are these bulldogs" , my response "no german shepards"
8. Back to picture taking. Oh, sorry, you have 7 PAYING people ahead of your group, you'll have to wait.....excuse me???? We just raised over $1,500!
9. Picture time finally arrives....one shot..."oh you all looked perfect"?????????? 14 dogs, 10 people, okay we'll see.
10. Missed the contest contest...did I hear an announcement?
Add into that HUGE dogs, grumpy dogs, barking dogs, 100 people asking where did you get hose harnesses, retractable leashes. BLAH I think maybe I either need some kind of natural herbs or another vacation.