Thursday, May 04, 2006

How to avoid a long wait at the doctor's office

Today was my 6 month check-up for the mysterious "lump" in my right breast. I have been having checkups since last August, when it was first detected. As previously posted the biopsy results were fine and the doctor's view has been, keep having checkups....or have it removed. So today was the day to make that decision, yet again. Now the last time I went to the office they were running an hour behind. I had nothing with me and without taking the chance of nodding off and SNORING out loud, I read the newspaper from front to back and back to front...so anyhow, today I went to the library on my lunch hour and got a book to take along. I walked in gave my name and sat down..opened to page one, read 3 pages, they called me in, get undressed...blah, blah, blah...opened the book, read 1/2 page, in comes the doctor, put the book down, talk about the lump.....decide surgery won't be so bad, doctor says I'll go get the paperwork, go ahead and get dressed...get dressed...open book, read NO words, back comes doctor...read this, sign this, okay no aspirin for a week before surgery, go to check-out. So, is taking along a book the way to speed through a visit or was today, just abnormal???? I don't set the date up for the surgery until tomarrow. I'll be glad to have the bugger out and not worry about it growing, changing, whatever.

Gotta go...I've got a book to read!

3 comments:

♥Lisa and The Pug Posse ♥ said...

YIKES! sorry to hear. but I believe you are doing the right thing by having it removed. it can't be a good feeling having it there. Do they plan on testing it after it is removed to get more answers to what it is?

Sandy said...

I hope it all goes well and get that thing out and over with. Seems like when I take a book anywhere, I never get to read it. So maybe that is the case. I should tell my mama that because she spends a lot of time in the doctors offices.

Punchbugpug said...

I did have a biopsy on this thing back 6 months ago. I imagine they'll do another, or maybe just have a good look when they take it out! Yuck! I am having it out on 5/31 and then going on a girl's weekend on 6/1, nice way to relax I think!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails