Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Dog tired, sun burned, and hot

Busy weekend at camp. Friday afternoon we went into town for dinner. It was early (4pm), but we hadn't eaten since breakfast and were hungry! We were the only people at this cafe.

My daughter gives me a funny face.

When we got back to camp, the girls were behaving, even Rosie!

Friday night we went to see DaVinci Code and didnt' get back in until 1am. Saturday there was a big "welcome" picnic. Afterwards we put our boat in and went for a nice ride. We didn't take the girls, per my daughter's request. She wanted the hubby to drive like the wind! I need both hands for that. Later in the day Saturday, my daughter went to visit friends for overnight and we went to Walmart. Now even though the hubby hates Walmart, we went there and managed to spend a tidy little sum. Back to camp to hang out some more. Sunday my daughter returned, the hubby went fishing with a neighbor and the neighbor's wife and I had some laughs. I supervised her gardening and afterwards hunted down a blender and made the three of us Strawberry Daqauris.

Monday early off to do more boating. Took a longgggggggggg ride to our friends cottage. They have miles of sandy beach at their place. We hung out there for a while and then made the return trip to camp. Daughter had to leave at 2:30 to make it home for cheer practice, so we made a quick lunch/dinner and after she left hubby and I took Rosie for her first boat ride. She seemed to like it alot.

We didn't get home Monday until around 8:30pm. I figured out that somehow on the boat I had hurt the muscle in my butt! OMG, I could hardly walk when I got out of the car. We unpacked and I took a hot bath to try to loosen up. Had to be at the hospital this am at 7:30 for pre-op for my surgery. The nurse felt bad taking blood from my sunburned arm! Actually, it didn't even hurt, although I'm sure everyone in the waiting room thought I was there for my back the way I was walking. So tonight it is a tad better. I can still hardly sit down, but hopefully by tomarrow it will be better. I have to be at the hospital at 7:45 am tomarrow, so my daughter is driving me there and hubby will come straight from work. Surgery is at 9:15 am, so I am hopeful to be home by noon, resting with the girls, minus one lump!


Pyrite said...

Take care and positive thoughts coming your way from Canada. The girls looks great all curled up on the blanket:)


alfredsmom said...

Sounds like you had a great weekend! Relaxing and fun-filled, probably just what you needed to keep your mind from worrying about the surgery. Best of luck.


Related Posts with Thumbnails