Tuesday, March 09, 2010

Who has the messiest sewing room?

Girlville and I have been discussing the sorry state of affairs that is called our sewing room. We both think our rooms are VERY MESSY. Since we both think our room is the "worst", we decided to each post photos of our room from this week and let you all vote on the "best" worst room?
Voting is in the sidebar area.
So....here is my sewing room....
As you walk in from the hallway this is the view that greets you. My actual sewing machine is to the left, the rest.....well the rest is my "workspace"....lol

This is the view looking back across the room towards my sewing table. P keeps giving me different shelving to try to help me organize. I personally think I just need a BIG trash can. Please notice that I lay fabric on almost every surface. I also use the floor.A close up of the sewing table. Notice a nice cup of coffee....very dangerous coffee by fabric. Trust me on that one.
This is my extra table I set out to cut stuff on. The daybed is usually where I layout fabric ideas. The table makes it a tad interesting to make my way around the room.

This is the opposite wall from the daybed. It houses the closet - FULL. An antique wardrobe - FULL, an extra chair and the dresser. The dresser drawers are FULL of fabric and trims. FULL I TELL YOU.


Keep in mind this is where I sew. I have another room I paint in.....I leave that for another day......

14 comments:

The Devil Dog said...

You win hands down. I thought mine was bad until I saw yours lol. Sorry.
:)

Marie

kristie said...

wait...what...you have ANOTHER room to paint in?? NO FAIR!!! i need to add on to our house or knock out the wall between the craft room and the guest room (and yes, i've seriously considered doing that...)

agent99 said...

you dont want to see photos of mine. I don't want to see them!
At least things come out of your studio - wish I could say the same :(

Agent99
Mom to Gen & the Foo

agent99 said...

peeS: two solutions to the coffee issue. Thermal cup with screw on top - can even get it with quilt decoration, or a scrapbookers cup 'n scrap holder!

Libby's Library said...

Obviously some brilliant artists work amid squalor!
Hey- if it works for you, don't fix what ain't broke:-)

Sandy said...

Oh my goodness....you are both in violation of state and federal codes for livable conditions!

"M" said...

Wow...they are both bad! I think you ladies need to go on the show "Hoarders" for those craft rooms! ;-)

Anonymous said...

And you win, hands down! ;)

Anonymous said...

Haha oh wow! All you are missing is the banker's boxes filled with misc buttons and fabric scraps and stuffing and it would be my grandmothers sewing room. :)

Pugelicious said...

Creativity is not alway able to be done in a tidy room. Love your little dresses - very cute.

AM said...

I think you should win! Winning is a good thing, right? ;)

Page said...

I'm pretty sure you win, Punchy!! Sorry girlville! G's seems to be "organized chaos" while yours is true madness! LOL!

Melissa said...

An excellent seamstress cannot be contained by mere walls! Mwahahaha!!


Err....just tell people "it's part of the creative process". When they can sew a pug dress as nice as you can, then they might have a leg to stand on :-)

Priscilla said...

I don't think it's so bad. Maybe I shouldn't share that. You know when you're creating you need to have stuff around for inspiration. You do!

So you win! Yeah you!

Hey! How do others get in on the flat puggy?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails