Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Spring is right around the corner....

and the birds? well, the birds in our yard are acting a little crazy!!!!


Last Thursday I found some green apples in our fridge that were going bad. Since we have deer, I decided to put the apples out by the bird feeder the deer are stealing from. Saturday when I went to let the dogs out (on the complete other side of the house) I saw something green in this little Sparrow nest. I was wondering why someone put a tennis ball in the nest? Then I got a closer look! Now....I'm wondering WHAT bird put this there? and WHY???? I mean obviously it filled the entire nest? Are the Squirrels playing a nasty trick on those cute little Sparrows????

9 comments:

Sandy said...

I sure would have liked to have seen that apple get in that nest!

The Devil Dog said...

Now that is a story I would love to hear.

Roxy

Anonymous said...

Haha squirrel or racoon maybe? lol

C.l.o.v.e.r. said...

Haha those pictures crack me up! You should set up a webcam for us to watch what happens. :)
xo

Sequoia & Petunia & Emma said...

This is too funny! Maybe a little green bird will hatch!

Dana Orsborn said...

That is one sturdy nest to hold
an apple!

Penny and I hope you are having a
great week!

-Dana & Penny

Becky said...

I would have liked to have seen that being done. An impressive feat to say the least!

Mollie Jo and Bobo said...

This has squirrel trickery written all over it.


Wags and Licks,
Mollie Jo & Bobo

Pam said...

that's hilarious. One time, a bird built a nest near our porch and I saw something shiny. They had taken some ribbon with a busted balloon on it and woven it in somehow. It was so funning seeing that dead balloon hanging down. Birds are so crazy.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails