Friday, February 15, 2008

Food fights and getting it right....

First, we are having food issues here in Pugland. Normally I just put down the 4 bowls of food and the gang picks a bowl and eats...normally. For the past few days Marty has been doing a LOT of grumbling when he picks his bowl. He doesn't mean anything by it and I reprimand him and honestly sometimes I just pick the bowl up. Rosie irritates things by running from bowl to bowl. Zoey sometimes pushes Marty or Rosie off their bowl and Chloe, well she just goes under the table and won't eat at all. This has led to all out "war" a few times. Fighting, barking, growling, all out WAR!!! I have placed Rosie in her crate, put Marty in the corner behind the x-pen...all different things. This morning I had it...Marty grumbled, Zoey sat by a dish, Chloe actually ate, and Rosie started WWIII. I ended up breaking it up by the tails! I picked up all the bowls and told them I hoped they were satisfied. Now they can all be hungry...end of it. Unless Buster gets the bowls off the counter it will be one hungry day at home. Suggestions?????

P has finally figured out Valentine's Day for me. It was our 31st together! I can't even believe he started sending me Valentine's when I was 2....lol...just kidding, but it has been 31 years. He is big into gifting and flowers and all that stuff....I love the little stuff. A single flower, a donut, a candy bar.....it means just as much to me. So none of you will be surprised that yesterday I ran around at lunchtime getting P cash and dropping it off at home, and he drove to pick up 2 MORE motorcycles. He got home around 6pm and we had to admire and discuss his plans for them. We left the house around 6:30 for dinner at a local Chinese Restaurant. They were short-staffed and dinner took forever to arrive, but was delicious. It was so sweet because P was worried about how long dinner was taking. When I questioned him, his reply "I know you want to watch your show"....how sweet! oh yeah, I did get a card too!!! LOL

Love is being kind everyday, not just the Hallmark Day!

9 comments:

Sandy said...

31 years!! That's something!

I suggest getting someone to help you at dinnertime for a few days and take each one to a different place and put the bowl down and then you have to police them from trying to go to the other's bowl. Sounds like Marty just wants to eat his bowl alone. Rosie is probably the pick problem! Imagine that. Give that bad rosie extra kisses from me.

Goodboy Norman Featherstone said...

The food fighting sounds awful. I can't imagine. If it were me, I would put three of them out and feed one. Then keep rotating the one in that gets fed.

I'm glad you had a nice Valentine's day!

Page said...

Well, Sela is the aggressive food pug in our house and sometimes will shove over Winston to eat his food! (Maybe that's why she's gotten so fat?? LOL!) Anyhow, I think I would try feeding them one at a time for awhile, or at least separating the one who seems the most aggressive from the others and see if that helps. Keep us updated!

Goodboy Norman Featherstone said...

Thanks for the Valentine! I got it in the mail this afternoon!

<3 <3 <3

(those are hearts)

Weeny&Daisy said...

aww we agree, it should be year round little thoughts and gestures, not just a big deal on one day!

and the food problem? hmm, either feeding them one at a time, which could be time consuming, or maybe find seperate areas to feed each of them in?

xx

Nevis said...

Happy Valentine's Day!

I love hearing about other people's puggies being pains because it makes me feel like mine are normal when they do something terrible like ripping apart their bed and then I take it away from them and make them sleep on the floor. Ugh! I love the little monkies but they can really do annoying things when they want, don't they?

Paula said...

What a wonderful hubby you have.

Each of my 3 pugs eat in a different place and I start placing bowls by first in time first in line. They don't fight, but it sure gets noisy.

The Devil Dog said...

PS: Congrats on 31 years! That is great!

Roxy

Pam said...

Congrats on 31 years! I so agree with your last sentance, love IS being knd everyday.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails