Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Where has the week gone?

Wow, can't believe I haven't posted in almost a week! We have been very, very busy around here. The hubby had his two auctions close on ebay. We sold 81 items! Woohoo. Nice to sell/make money, but then there's invoicing, packaging, shipping, feedback...on and on. I have been busy every night this week with the paperwork end of thing. I have been going to bed at 1am and getting up at 7am, I think I may need more sleep!

In between all of the ebay, we have had the search for a new "camp" location. We are trying to find a spot closer to home, especially since the price of gas is soaring. Our current spot is over 2 hours away. We are on a waiting list for a new spot, only an hour away. We'll have to see how things go with that.

Since Sunday I have been having a real problem with Zoey (middle child). Monday night she started fighting (and I do mean fighting) with Chloe. I broke that fight up, things settled down and all was fine. This morning, my daughter came into my room where we (Chloe, Zoey and I ) were sleeping. She came over to bed, said hello girls and Zoey went after Chloe again! Now tonight the worst.... Zoey was upstairs sleeping with the hubby, Chloe and Rosie down in kitchen with me. Zoey comes down, sniffs Chloe and goes whacko. I literally picked her up by harness and was holding her in the air. We tried 3 times to settle things and she kept going at it. Finally, I brought my portable fencing in the kitchen and put Zoey in it. She settled down and now they are both here in office with me! What gives??????

I thought her attitude before was because of Rosie...now I wonder. Only weird thing, I can think of is that we had mulch delivered. We have it out in the driveway on some black tarp and another tarp over it. Both Chloe and Zoey are fascinated with those tarps. They walk on them and pee on them too! I don't know if there may be some other animal smell on there or if I am just grasping at straws over her BAD behavior. Anyone have any ideas? I am worried that this might happen during the day when I am not here. Do you think bringing Rosie into the picture created a dominance thing? HELP?????? I am thinking doggie consuling, drugs...something. Ahhhh, right now they're kissing! What gives?????

5 comments:

Dave said...

We had a cat once that loved our dog except when she came back from the vet. We had to rush home and bathe the dog to get the smell off. I would wager it has to do with smells from the mulch because it is so out of the blue. Best of luck with the girls!

Cheers,

Pyrite's Mom

Anonymous said...

Yikes. I hope its not because of Rosie. ( but if it is, just send Rosie down to SC and I will take care of her...)

If it doesnt get better, maybe take her to the vet? I dont know what they could do, but maybe they have advice.

♥Lisa and The Pug Posse ♥ said...

No kidding I am stumped on this one. I wish I had some advice. I hope everything will settle down soon. Maybe giving Zoey a bath to take the Mulch sent off her just in case it has something to do with that? maybe it is a jealousy thing with Rosie too? Huh? I wish I knew...good luck!

Priscilla said...

Absolutly an alpha dog thing going on. Sometimes you see it right away, sometimes it develops as they mature and jocky for position in the pack. Have you ever watched The Dog Whisperer on ? cable ? Cesar Milan I think his name is. He does have a book out now as well. Watch a couple of those and you will see immediatly what he is talking about and how he controls his dogs.

I just watched a show this week where sibling fighting was going on. One thing he said was the owner needs to be the alpha dog and you need to establish that before you leave the house so that they know their place. I didn't watch the end so I don't know what he did.

Sandy said...

I sure hope that situation clears up. We took in a pug one time that needed a home and after almost a month, one night she went crazy and was fighting Tiny and Chichi...to the point that at midnight I had to take tiny and chichi to my sister's house and then call the former owner of the dog and give her back. She needed a home with no other dogs but I couldn't figure out why it took three weeks plus for her to act out.

Chichi and Tiny would fight each other and then Chichi and Baxterman will fighte sometimes but it's usually a jealousy "at the moment" thing. But that's what caused Chichi's eye surgery. I don't know why yours would start now because of Rosie either.

Have you seen Ceasar the dog whisperer? It would be nice to have him come to your house and tell you what's going on and correct it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails