Monday, October 19, 2009

Bloggy Meetup 2009 - Part 3b

After dropping Norman's Woman at the airport we decided to head to the Yankee*Candle store. This was more like a mini-mall once inside! We spent a lot of time in the candle area where every smell is! Crazy but it is not overwhelming in the smell department! There is a room with retired smells. Bins and bins of tarts and votives. Next there was a room where you could do wax hands, or design your own candle. We skipped over this part and headed through the candy room. It was so overwhelming in there I kept forgetting to take photos. Next was the princess area.....we stopped for a tea party....
and played princess....



Then onto the winter wonderland.....this place was AMAZING....


It was like a village at Christmas time. It actually snowed in this room...REAL SNOW....every 3 1/2 minutes!


Santa was in his office working on "requests". He was happy to see us and checked to be sure we were behaving.

I found a nutcracker for my collection, but sadly C reminded me that it would not fit in the car!



I looked these over, but they were several HUNDRED dollars each!




There was a room full of Santas for those that collect these.


After leaving we headed over to purchase our tickets for the ghost tour, stopped to pick up stuff we wanted at Trader*Joes and then stopped at *New*Town*. This place was very cool. Alternative living style with great shops and people living in apartments above. We had to introduce Clover's mom to *Maggie*Moo* icecream! YUM!!!!


After all this we went back to condo and C grabbed a 26 minute nap. We ate leftovers and raced off to the GhostTour. The city looks different after dark.....

This is photo of most haunted house there.....see anything?????? Both C and Clover's mom agreed that they would NOT stay there if invited....I on the other had would!



Another spot of ghostly activity. There was also a tour put on by the city itself that allowed you in to a few buildings...this was one of them. A tour went inside while we were outside. We did NOT hear any screams and no one ran from the building....


The guide told us some great local folklore and there were places we wished we had time to visit, but our trip was sadly coming to an end....
Next...last day, the beach and PUGS!!!!

5 comments:

Sandy said...

Oh a ghost tour...one of my favorite things about bloggy meetup two years ago was the ghost stories! I am so so scared of these kinds of things...but can't pull myself away from hearing them. Looks like a fun day and that town looks so neat..would be a fun place to live. I wonder how they keep the damp snow from mildewing in that building?? I'm in the mood for a Christmas shop right now.

C.l.o.v.e.r. said...

This is a great recap! Our tea party picture cracks me up. :)
Your pics from the ghost tour look cool too!!

Anonymous said...

Yankee Candle factory looks so cool! Those candles are so expensive here that I rarely buy them!
My mom collects nutcrackers too.. Costco always has some fun ones.
It snows real snow??? How cool!!

It looks like you guys had such a blast!!

Sequoia & Petunia & Emma said...

I am so taking a trip up there to see this all! I had no idea just how much stuff they have.

Unknown said...

Awe man, I should have stayed one more day!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails