Monday, March 09, 2009

It's raining - INSIDE

It's been raining a lot around here lately...in more ways than one! Tonight I thought I heard horrible rain outside. I walked past the laundry room and got worried that something had gone wrong with washer...except, the rushing of water was not coming from that side of hall. It seems that it was the basement, which can only mean one thing.....the water heater.

Now I should have known the water heater was going to break, because my dad just mentioned our water heaters at breakfast last week. My dad is a plumbing and heating contractor. He is semi-retired. We have a rule. Don't mention your water heater in my dad's presence...or...your water WILL break! So when dad mentioned MY WATER HEATER...I said SHHHHHHHHHHH! But thankfully my dad IS a plumber, so while the water heater will throw us back a nice $350...the service call???? free....
Did I mention the narrow, steep, staircase to my basement?

8 comments:

Sandy said...

oh my...how can you be unlucky and lucky at the same time??? It cost us $700 to replace ours last time.

Anonymous said...

Oh no!!
Lucky thing your dad was around!

My mom isn't allowed to say she hears a noise around the truck because when she does, its usually bad - like 5 transmissions in a row...

Goodboy Norman Featherstone said...

GAH! Now MINE is going to break, isn't it??

kristie said...

when it rains, it pours, eh? at least he can install it for you. perhaps since it's technically his fault he should pay for the heater, LOL.

Swampgirl said...

I probably should not even comment on the water heater -it may be the kiss of death for mine. Be glad your water heater is in the basement. In our old house ours flooded the house when we were not home. What a horrible carpet mess!!

Unknown said...

Ooof. Our went out last month during one of the coldest snaps all winter. Fortunately the hubby figured out that the whole thing didn't need to be replaced but just the heating element which only cost $20 versus $350!

Libby's Library said...

Been there and done that - had to have flooring and a piece of furniture replaced due to water damage! I'm feeling for ya!

The Devil Dog said...

Oh MAN, that stinks.

Roxy

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails