Wednesday, October 22, 2008

The best thing in North Carolina??????

While in NC Girlville and I went to the store to get bread for dinner. She stopped by the sauces and picked this one out for me to bring home. Being a northern girl I had no idea what vinegar based BBQ sauce was. Heck, we used that think stuff. ya know?

So last Sunday I shredded chicken and added some sauce. P not used to the consistency said to add more...so I did. I then served the chicken on deli rolls. It was hot...yes, it was hot. It does say hot on the label, it was. P added more, his eyes watered, he drank water and LOVED IT. I did like it too, but I might put a little less on mine next time....

But P? He is already worried about the bottle running out. He saw there is a website, and was relieved. Girlville promises her mom's recipe. Maybe I'll make him up a batch for Christmas? I mean he is using it on everything....his shredded pork, his chicken, his chili...OMG, did I just see him put it in his coffee????????????

11 comments:

Rachel said...

Oh, welcome to heaven. Nothing beats a good NC BBQ sauce. I'm so glad girlville introduced you to our state prized possession ;)

kristie said...

i tell ya, eastern style nc bbq sauce is the bomb! it's great on everything...but maybe not coffee...

Pam said...

Sounds yummy! I remember K talking about that sometime back. I love BBQ!

Sandy said...

Ouch!!! I bet that can be addicting. I like the thicker red sauce but sometimes that vinegar sauce is just right.

Sandra y Coco Pug said...

that reminds me of the bottle of "greek with feta and oregano" dressing that I got in Canada in July and can't find here (not exactly the same one). My sister is visiting for Christmas with like 12 bottles of that. yummy!

The Devil Dog said...

Wow, mom will have to look that stuff up. Dad loves good barbecue sauce.

As for PlusOne and the goggles, he was "swimming" in the tub, searching for goodness knows what at the bottom. Gold? Sea creatures?
Just glad mom didn't toss us in, or we'd drowned in all those bubbles.

Roxy

Anonymous said...

Haha that is awesome! It sounds like my dad with ketchup and maple syrup (he is from Quebec) one or the other ends up on almost everything!!

Nevis said...

I like NC BBQ, but I prefer Kansas-City style. It's how I was raised. It's in my genes.

Priscilla said...

I hope she can post a recipe. I'd love to try it.

Magnolia Sun said...

that sounds like my husband - he puts bbq sauce on everything too.

Salinger The Pug said...

YUMMY! My daddy is from South Carolina and brings home a case of Maurice Bessenger's BBQ sauce every time he goes home. Mommy gets all yelly because there is NO room in the pantry for "all this crap", but agrees that it IS yummy!

Mmmmmm....BBQ!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails