Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Milwaukee Pugfest or Bust - the drive

I have been wanting to go to MPF for YEARS. Last Spring my bf L and I decided that 2012 would be the year we went. We made our reservations early and starting planning. Thursday evening at the stroke of midnight (well, actually the stroke of 12:30) we headed out. I had not slept one minute, so was of little use for driving at the beginning. I did however know that when we reached Buffalo we should be heading Southwest...NOT Northwest!!! I finally convinced L that we should NOT be headed for Niagara Falls via Grand Island. She knew I was serious when I yelled STOP! We had to back up (yes illegal) and get ourselves turned around with no thanks to the Garmin. That Garmin was out to get us for the entire trip! Once we got ourselves turned around and out of the projects we headed back on route. I dozed for a minute here and there while she drove. When she couldn't go any further I took over. I was very happy to see the break of dawn!

I forgot to mention that Kiki and Stewie were chosen by me for the trip.  Kiki for a reunion with her KPR peeps and Stewie because he is adorable, sweet, AND he was scheduled to be in a photo shoot for 1000Pugs while on the trip!

The Pugs seemed to amuse themselves in the back and then I realized that Stewie was wayyyyyyyyyyyy back.  


We ran into a lot of traffic around Chicago.  We also figured out that you are supposed to pay a toll every so often on the xway.  Clearly we don't have any such paying schedule here!

Then at 1:00 p.m., we drove ourself right to the hotel!!!

Woohoo!!!  Welcome to Pug Fest!



5 comments:

Nicole said...

Omigosh! Pug fest! I had heard of it from you, but hadn't realized it was such a big event that a hotel would welcome you on it's sign! LOL I think I need to go someday... =)

Southern Fried Pugs said...

Glad you made it safely! Can't wait to hear more.

Two French Bulldogs said...

What an awesome event seeing all those puggy cousins
Benny & Lily

Tweedles -- that's me said...

It looked like so much funs!
love
tweedles

Rae - Say It Aint So said...

hahah, that picture of kiki's butt is priceless! those silly dogs.
milwalkee pugfest looks so amazing! i'm almost convinced i need to make a trip up!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails