Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Black on Tan - A lesson on getting old.

Marty sure is looking grey (or should I say white?) these days.  He is now completely blind in one eye now and we don't know how much he sees out of the other one.  Sometimes when you call him, he looks around sort of desperately like "where is she".  His hearing is as keen as ever.  Crackle the treat bag, open a door, whisper his name...he is right there.  We adopted him and 7 and have had 6 year with him.  He has been with us nearly as long as he wasn't.  He reminds me how one can gracefully get old.  How kind words, enough food to eat and plenty of love can keep an old guy going. 

Don't be afraid to adopt a Senior!!!  They have plenty of love to give!

8 comments:

dw said...

Aww, I love that the hearing is there, especially for the treat bag!!

Sandy said...

I just want to squeeze and kiss Marty! We love seniors here, too. They are good for older folks, too.

tubby3pug said...

He look amazing, we have our hare of oldster here and they are terrific

urban hound

Tweedles -- that's me said...

Gosh
Does that mean Marty is 13 years young? He is a sweetie for sure.
He does not need to see much as long as he hears your sweet words, and can smell those treats too!
love
tweedles

Oakley and Swisher said...

You look good to us Marty! Keep up your habits!

Lots of licks,
Swisher and Oakley

Rae - Say It Aint So said...

i love older pugs! ours were 5 (and 3 legged) and 9 when we got them. so sweet and still have so much life! i think we'll always get seniors from now on!

C.l.o.v.e.r. said...

Oh Marty, I love him! So sweet.
Punchy, I LOVE that pic of you with all 6 pugs on you (I almost didn't see Marty on the end, haha) - and Chloe's face kills me, I love that she it closest to your face. :)
Your new camper looks amazing!
xo

Suzy said...

Seniors ROCK!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails