6 a.m. - Miss Kiki ate a mushroom when we went outside for potty. It was raining and dark and I actually said out loud to her "you better eat anything I can't see".....premonition? We went inside and within half an hour things went from....upset tummy to HORRIBLE. There was so much, I couldn't clean it up fast enough. In the midst of my "don't panic" I looked through the vomit and found an entire mushroom! I was pretty upset on the phone with emergency vet clinic, as I described the events and they tried to tell me their "procedures and costs"...look lady, talk to me later, I'm getting into my car. The clinic is across the city. 20 minutes with no traffic. Here I was in morning traffic, with a sick, shaking puppy in my lap. I should cyber apologize to all the other drivers I cut-off or swore at this morning. By the time we got to the hospital I wasn't looking very good. Don't think I smelled so good either, but thankfully my own sense of smell is bad! They did some blood work, gave her a shot to control vomitting and told me my choices were leaving her there for the day or monitoring her at home. Since my vet is less than 5 minutes from my house, I picked home. She is now resting comfortably with the rest of the furry ones.
I need a nap.