Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Day Two morning.....

Saturday morning we went over to the event site. It was COLD and WET. Fog and dew, wet grass....fun! We set up our booth and had barely finished when the festivities started.


Earlier this year Sonny Ray (see his story HERE) passed away. His mom and dad, Phil and Judy from GMPR were devastated. There was talk amongst some of us about doing some sort of artwork. I offered to do a painting and was provided with Judy's favorite photo of him. This was all done in secret. The event was dedicated to him and after introductions L, P and I were called up. I presented them with my painting and then gave them a check for $1,000 that we raised for them at Pugstock. I tell you there wasn't a dry eye. I talked FAST and exited QUICK!








After the ceremony all the fun began!





I sold dresses, I sold paintings, tiesets, wood art.....

A repeat customer....Miss YumYum...isn't she adorable?



The Pugs watched......




I saw big dogs that looked the color of Pugs.......


more to come.....

7 comments:

Sandy said...

What a wonderful surprise for that couple! Your things look so wonderful...sure wish I were up there for that event. I love seeing the pugs sitting in the chairs...it's a pug convention!

Rosie said...

This sounds like a lot of fun - I must get my mom to go to your etsy and get me one of those dresses for my b-day - they are just so fancy.
Loves from pugs,
Rosie Marie

Caitlin said...

So much fun! Wish Pippin and I could have been there

Goodboy Norman Featherstone said...

What a fantastic painting! That is so sweet of you all to dedicate the event and raise so much $$ for them. Pug People are the best!

Sequoia & Petunia & Emma said...

Wow it looked like a great event can't wait to see more pictures!

Mia said...

The painting of Sonny Ray was beautiful!! I'm sure Phil and Judy will cherish it. Looks like you had a great time!! I can't wait to see the rest!!

Jess & Lilo

Anonymous said...

That is so sweet! :)

Miss Yumyum is adorable and I love th epic of all the pugs on the chairs.

My heart goes out to Lisa and her family, I hope Brad gets better quickly!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails