Thursday, May 22, 2008

The Ultimate Birthday Post

Today is my birthday. I have had lots of birthdays....52 to be exact. I sit here and think about that number and honestly am in shock! I'm not 52, I can't be 52 is OLD.... right? Well, I'm here to say that 52 like 42, 32, 22 is a number. Each number brings change...not all good, but it's my number and I am happy to be here to be celebrating it.

They say most everything we do in life is imprinted when we're young....I think they may be right. Things I have learned......

It's nice to be the birthday girl..... Napping is good.
Friends will change......
When you are younger you get to eat more Cotton Candy....Just because your age ends in 2 doesn't mean you'll look the same in a bathing suit....

If someone says your their princess...you are.....
You either look good in a hat or you don't....
It is not always appropriate to dance on a bar top.......

If you think your cool...you are! Never kiss and tell.....
Life is not always fair.......


Someday you may marry a man that likes to fish, like your dad......
The size of your pet may change.... and the type......

but it is good to be kind to animals.....

Dress for the weather, but always have fashionable shoes.....


You will always be your dad's little girl.....
and your mom's.....
If your scared, hold someone's hand.......





18 comments:

Leah said...

Happy Birthday, Punchy! I LOVE the pictures and wish you a wonderful, blessed day!

You and Daisy share a birthday!

Pam said...

Happy Birthday Punchy! I love seeing all those pictures. Best wishes for a terrifc day!

After seeing those photos of you with the animals, you'll have to tell us about some of your pets as a child sometime. =)

Pug(s) and Bugg said...

What lovely photos!! Happy birthday from Sophie, Dixie, Kelly and Brian!!!!

kristie said...

happy birthday, punchy! i hope you have the best day ever. ps: the picture of you with the sunglasses is a hoot. i love it. and that dog looks very similar to bailey...hmmm...

Magnolia Sun said...

Happy Birthday, I love this post.

Archie and Melissa said...

Happy Birthday!
Love the photos! I have added your blog to my blog roll! It is too cool!
:) Melissa and Emmitt

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! Thank you for sharing your photo's with us! :)

Manda Girl said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! We wish you many many birthdays to come and have the very best day ever.

Kisses from Meimei and Miko

Anonymous said...

Happy happy happy birthday! I am with GMPR in VT and LOVE reading your blog- glad you are in the GMPR fan club. And esp nice to see pics from someone born in the same decade- they are a riot!

Unknown said...

Oh those pictures are GREAT - they brought a little tear to my eye! And they come with great advice....

I hope you have a very very happy, blessed Birthday.

Swampgirl said...

Happy Birthday! Those pictures are from the same era that mine are...except you are YOUNGER!!!We are in our prime!!:)

Page said...

Love this post and Happy Happy Birthday! Those pics are adorable! You and your mom look a lot alike!

Wanda said...

Happy Birthday! That was absolutely beautiful:)

Cheers,

Pyrite and her peeps

The Devil Dog said...

Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday dear you
Happy Birthday dear you!

Those pictures are great. Isn't it neat to look at all the things that were so different just a few short years (decades) ago? Mom is not that far behind you.

Roxy & Lucky

Sandy said...

Happy Birthday Punchy!!! I enjoyed these photos so much. Looks like you had fun...that's so funny with you on top of the bar! You sure are entertaining! those all sure gave me a smile. I hope you have had a great day and show me the cake!

Christine & Giggs said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

I would never have guessed 52 if you hadn't said anything. Here's to many more and to lookin' good :)

alanajonesmann said...

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Hope you had a wonderful day to start a wonderful year!

Priscilla said...

Well Happy Birthday Darlin!

I've been neglecting my bloggy friends lately.

Glad you had a happy happy day.

Love the pics

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails