Monday, October 08, 2007

Weekend..the long weekend

Saturday started off with a drive to one of the "local" meetups. This one was actually an hour away, but I guess that's still "local". We took the back roads and even getting a little lost, made it there in an hour. We decide to utilize last years costumes since Marty was the only one who wasn't with us last year...he was an Indian like Zoey. He didn't seem to mind, although I didn't leave enough "pee" room in his loin cloth...opps.






When we left meetup the temperature had raised to 92 degrees and it was so humid and still. My air conditioner in my car is broke AND my driver's window is broke. I have a fake window in place. I never thought it was due to be that warm and wouldn't have subjected myself and the Pugs to that! I had only driven about 5 minutes and decided it was ridiculous. I pulled over and sat on the grass with them and called P, he was already at camp, which was where we were heading too. I told him that I would need him to meet us if it didn't cool down. He said not to worry as it was storming there and 72 degrees!!! It was only 45 minutes away! I pulled off the fake window and let all the Pugs in front with me, at least there was a nice breeze.
Once at camp we quickly got ready for the clam bake a few of us were having. Unfortunately it did rain....

but everyone made the best of it. The rain did stop and we had a lot of laughs.
Sunday was cooler....
We stayed until around noon and headed for home. At home it was a lot of napping.

Sunday afternoon I noticed a lot of blood on the Pug bed. I pulled their other bed out from under the kitchen table and more blood...and bloody footprints. Now there are 16 paw-sibilites here, not including the cat! We determined that poor Marty had done some damage to his nails/pad. He is such a good old guy, he hobbled around and didn't cry or act up. He HATES his nails clipped or most anyone messing with his feet, so I decided to see how things go before subjecting him to the vet. Poor guy!
Today we took my car in for the window repair! Finally....we had been putting it off..you know not important and only think of it when IN the car. I had considered a new car, so didn't want to "waste" money...so the car goes in and P and I go out to breakfast. We go home and work around the house. Got the pool covered, the boat moved, the Fall decorations out, the lawn cut, a really good morning. We get the call around 2:00 that the car is ready, all fixed, inspected, etc. We drive over and pay UGH $266...did I mention the window wasn't broke? just the pulley broke that works the electric window. P wants Wendy's so we drive the 2 blocks. When we go to leave, he leaves in his truck first, I put my car in reverse...but....the car goes FORWARD. I try a couple more times....won't go REVERSE. I call P on his cell, no answer! I finally put into neutral and roll backwards and then first to go forward...only first feels like third...guess this doesn't make sense if you don't drive a manual car, but it was MESSED UP. I limp the 2 blocks back to the dealer. "WHAT DID YOU GUYS DO TO MY CAR?" They check it out and there is a part that broke off that works the gears. Basically nothing was lined up correctly and the clutch is basically burning up. They have the part, but can't fix until tomarrow! I keep calling P, call my daughter, call my son, no one is answering. P finally calls back and says..."heh I beat you home"! He couldn't believe it when I told him. So my girlfriend came and got me and my car will hopefully be ready tomarrow and I was just thinking ...what the heck would I have done 50 miles out in the country with four Pugs if this had happened Saturday? phew....

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, man, what a mess! My car is manual (I wouldn't drive anything else) so I understand what you mean. I hate paying for car repairs, too!

I'm so glad you didn't get stuck in the heat with the puggies...not a good situation!

kristie said...

i love the pugs in sweaters picture! they are so cute...poor marty and his nails. isn't it amazing how they can hide their pain and discomfort? that was some kookie car trouble you had. i'm totally convinced that when you take your car in they 'break' something else every time.

Sandy said...

I'm glad that didn't happen to you out on the highways. But that is so frustrating to have that happen right after you get it from the shop for some other problem. Sounds like you are having the kind of weather we're having...hot and humid. It's just gross! I saw on the news the weather out in Rockies is snowy and 25 degress...Hello out there!!!

Goodboy Norman Featherstone said...

Mmm... Clam Bake! Sounds Yummy! So sorry to hear about your car woes. I would get rid of it. Once the transmission is messed up, they're never the same. Maybe it's not exactly the transmission though.

Priscilla said...

Scary! Thankfully you were close to the mechanic. I always worry when I'm so far from home with kids or dogs in the car.

Pugsley, Buster, Cricket & Daisy said...

Sounds like you had a heck of a weekend!! Yikes.

Four Pugz

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails