Thursday, June 02, 2011

Sad, sad, day....

I had no idea when I changed my header to include a picture of sweet little Miss Patty that her remaining days on this Earth were few. Sadly today she passed away while having surgery to remove her eyes. Some of you may recall she was found wandering the roads. My bf took her in as a foster. She was going to get her healthy and find her a good home. When it came time for her to go she found she couldn't give her up. This little girl touched many a heart. She was a little spitfire and despite her blindness so enjoyed her walks and new home. Her mama had reservations about the surgery, but was told by two vets that removing her eyes was in her best interests...who could know? My heart breaks for my friend. All I can do is cry along and offer my love. I have no answers. All I can hold onto is that we're in this together. We're here for each other. We hold each other up when we're down. We worry together and rejoice together. We plod along together and try to do our best. But tonight I shake my fist at the sky. I try not to question why, but hold mine a little tighter and a little longer.

Run free Miss Patty...your eyes can now see what your heart knew was there.....

10 comments:

Tiffy said...

Miss Patty is running free with all those that went before her. It's so sad to see friends leave us too soon but they are needed elsewhere after their work here is done. I think you said it best when you said that her eyes can now see what her heart knew was there. Eyes wide open to watch over you always.

Tiffy

Anakin Man said...

Punchy-
I am so sorry to hear this~

I am at a loss for words-

Run free Miss Patty

Gracie the Agility Pug said...

So sorry for your loss. Our hearts are with you and your friend during this terrible time.

Kelly said...

I am so very sorry to hear about this little angel.

All we can do is trust our vets and try hard to do what's in the best interest for our babies. That's exactly what your friend did and I am so sad for her heart tonight. Wish I could give her a hug.

The Devil Dog said...

Dear Punchy, we are so sorry to hear about Miss Patty. It is so sad. We will send you and your bf our thoughts, prayers, and pug snorts.

Roxy, Lucky & Mom

Wilma said...

Oh Punchy, such sad news. It hardly seems fair that little sweety who stole your friends heart could be takeaway so quickly. Our deepest sympathy for your friend, and your loss.

Brutus, Ellie, Pippa and Otto said...

We are so sad to hear about Miss Patty :'(

(((HUGS)))

Pugs & Kisses,

Yoda, Brutus & Ellie

Wanda said...

I am so sorry for your loss and I am glad you are there for your friend.

Take care

Tweedles -- that's me said...

Dear Punchy
My heart is hurting for you and for Miss Pattys mama.
It seems so unfair when things like this happen.
I wish I had words to say to help,, but I don't.
I feel like running away when sadness like this touches those I know. But,, then I remember we need to be here for each other.
And so right now,, I want to tell you that I am sending love across the miles..
The angels are holding Miss Patty right now,, and yes,, I believe
Miss Patty was needed for a special reason, that we do not know.
I am so sorry.
love
tweedles

pugsx4 said...

Omg
I am going thru a decision right now whether or not to remove the second eye of my sweet baby One Eyed Jack that we found in a rescue in 01. He never had much sight in it and we have been fighting many infections in it ever since. He is so sweet but I have not wanted to go thru with the the surgery because I think he can see just a little bit. His other eye was removed before we found him @ the shelter.
Kim

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails