This is how the vanity looked when I first started. Previously it was oak. P said NO to a new one, so I decided to paint. The wallpaper has been done for a few years. You can see the old flooring in this photo. That darn floor was 21 years old.
The finished vanity and mirror.....
The gang came in while I was trying to photograph the new floor. They're always happy to help.
This flooring goes down in lengths that interlock. I can't believe how nice the floor feels when you walk on it. Very cushiony. It said it "goes down in a few hours"...P says they lied...or based it on a room that was perfectly square.
Here is a pic of the tub/shower area. Above the area used to be wallpapered. My family basically "melted" the paper off the walls with their hot showers. When we decided to tile that area we purchased the creamy yellow tiles. We (?) thought we had purchased enough....clearly we hadn't. When we went back to the store, that color was now "special order". They had nothing close, so we took a trip to a different store. Nothing there either. We decided to get creative and purchased sage green and off-white tiles to make a pattern with. It seemed all was good until the time came to lay the tiles. For the life of us we couldn't make the tiles work. P, C and I literally spent 3 hours one night laying tile patterns. P came up with this pattern. We all decided it worked okay and figured out we had too many of one color and not enough of the other two colors. We calculated and the next day I went to purchase the missing tiles.....BUT when we calculated SOMEONE missed a row...so when we got down to the wire, we were missing ONE off white tile and had ONE extra green tile. Luckily C works near the store, so she went and purchased the missing tile and all was well in the world....or at least the bathroom.
By the way...I HATE those shower doors...but P says they're staying. UGH.
So the project started 12/21 at 3pm and finished 12/24 at 10am. Nothing like a party at your house to move things along!