Friday, April 04, 2008

Hard work....

My dad called yesterday afternoon. He and A drove to Florida. They took 2 days to drive down and I believe will do the same coming back. He is actually taking 14 days of vacation. You have to understand my dad...the last time he took 14 days vacation was my senior year in highschool when we (he, my bestfriend and I) drove to Florida to visit my grandparents. Honestly, I think to myself, my dad is 73 and has only taken 2 vacations over one week in length????. My dad is a different breed. His parents were hard workers, he was and still is a hard worker. As a young man he worked the farm, went to school, and was an apprentice plumbing/heating by 17. When I think I've had a rough time or worked hard, I just think of my dad.....

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails